Get ready for the SpeakUp 5K at our FREE Foot & Shoe Screening! Here’s a rare opportunity to meet with a podiatrist, physical therapist, and shoe specialist — all for FREE. No appointment needed, just stop by our clinic between 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. on Tues., Aug. 21 or Thurs., Aug. 23, 2018. Our clinic is at Johnston-Willis Hospital, in Medical Building II with plenty of parking near our entrance.
What is the SpeakUp 5K? This annual race helps the Cameron K. Gallagher Foundation in their work to raise awareness and end the stigma of teen mental illness. More than 2.8 million teens suffer from mental illness, which is one out of every five teens. And while 80 percent can be successfully treated, less than 33 percent get help. This year's SpeakUp 5K will be held Saturday, Sept. 8 at 9 a.m. in Byrd Park. Whether you walk, jog or run, the CKG Foundation would like you to join them in the fight to end the stigma of teen mental illness. You can register for the race on the SpeakUp 5K Sign-up page. We hope you'll join us at the race on Sept. 8, and stop by our clinic on Aug. 21 or Aug. 23 to get your free pre-race foot screening, and have your running or walking shoes examined.
What You'll Get at Our Free Pre-Race Screening:
- Meet with one of our clinic’s podiatrists, a physical therapist, and a certified pedorthist (professional shoe and insole specialist).
- Get a free foot screening and learn how to reduce your chance of a running-related foot or ankle injury.
- Meet with a physical therapist for an assessment of your overall musculoskeletal structure, and discuss any risk factors.
- Bring your favorite pair of running or walking shoes, and our pedorthist will check them for proper fit based on your foot structure and provide shoe and insole advice. We’ll also sanitize your shoes with our ShoeZap, to get rid of any bacteria that may be lurking inside!
- Enter our drawing for a chance to win a free Spa Pedicure in our on-site medical-grade spa, a $65 value!
Our free Foot and Shoe Screenings are open to everyone -- whether you're participating in the 5K or not!
No appointments are required -- but it will help us plan if you let us know you're planning to come. To indicate your interest, just click the button below to visit our Facebook event. Thank you!