There are some crazy myths out there about guys and pedicures.
Let's set the record straight (then scroll down to save $10):
- Myth #1: “Pedicures are for girls.” We’re not sure how this got started, but everyone needs healthy feet — men and women! A professional pedicure in a clean environment is a great way to help keep your feet fit.
- Myth #2: “Cutting my nails is no big deal.” Actually, how you cut your nails is very important. Cutting them too short or missing little pieces at the edges can lead to painful ingrown toenails. (And if you happen to be diabetic or undergoing chemotherapy, cutting your nails takes on even more importance, because of the risk of infection.)
- Myth #3: “Getting a pedicure is uncomfortable.” On the contrary. You’ll relax in a deluxe massaging recliner while your feet soak in a warm, soothing bath. An expert technician will gently trim and file your toenails, remove excess skin from your feet, exfoliate and massage your legs and feet with a sugar-crystal scrub and massage them with a moisturizing lotion, finishing with a buff. Some men may even opt for our reflexology pedicure for more relaxation and revitalization. A pedicure is a great way to relieve stress and take it easy for a while.
- Myth #4: “Pedicures are only cosmetic.” This is completely inaccurate — there’s an important health component to taking care of your feet and nails. Many men have rough, dry, calloused feet, which can crack and become infected. Foot problems can cause problems with the way you walk, leading to hip, knee and back pain. Also, making sure your feet are clean, exfoliated and moisturized can help prevent bacteria from breeding. This is especially important if you shower or walk barefoot in your gym’s locker room.
- Myth #5: “I’ll be the only guy in the nail spa.” Don’t be so sure. You'd be surprised how many men visit our medical-grade nail spa on a regular basis. Certainly, some are prodded by the women in their lives, but many march in here on their own because they consider keeping their feet and nails healthy an important part of their overall fitness.
Still Need Motivation? Here's $10.
Come in by Oct. 31, 2017 and SAVE $10 on an Essential Pedicure (normally $50). Just fill out the Appointment Request form below and enter the code “Guys Save $10” in the box where you’re asked to describe the nature of your appointment (or call 804-320-4322 and mention this deal).